Allied Fastenings (AFL) is an established New Zealand owned and operated importation and distribution business, with an enviable reputation for providing specialised fastening solutions to key clients including the major utility networks and civil infrastructure companies throughout New Zealand.
In conjunction with product supply, AFL has positioned itself in the market to provide unparalleled technical support and outstanding service. Our track record for innovation and collaboration in conjunction with our consulting engineers and clients enables us to develop fastening systems which have seen us successfully achieve specialist ranges of project supply.
AFL is the specialist provider of premium fastenings in the New Zealand market demonstrating commitments to world class quality and service. This is achieved by reliably creating ‘best value’ for manufacturers, clients, employees and owners. In order to uphold this reputation, AFL continuously challenges and re-evaluates its performance against the market.
‘Service, quality and consistent delivery of the basics are the foundations of what we do, to ensure we always provide best value.’
Key factors in the success of Allied Fastenings, is the hands on full time commitment of the two Directors, supported by structured management teams in Business Development, Operations, Customer Service and Administration, all who share comprehensive knowledge of the company’s day to day business.
AFL products are renowned for their functionality and high quality characteristics as sourced from world class manufacturers throughout Europe, UK, USA and Asia.
We have proven quality management expertise and practice stringent controls ensuring delivery of product meeting AS/NZS or equivalent specification without fail. Systems and processes in place for quality management are rigorously upheld and will not be compromised in any event in order to protect the company’s strong reputation and quality guarantees.
Allied Fastenings management is built around integrity and forging long standing relationships throughout its sphere of influence across manufacturers, suppliers, customers and employees. The company constantly strives to create alliances and partnerships in order that all parties achieve winning results and desired outcomes.
Allied Fastenings Ltd Capability
Below is a list of large projects Allied Fastenings has or is currently supplying fasteners to. These comprise product items which are part of our predominant import stock, in both mild steel and tensile Bolt and Nut, Washer and Threaded Rod.
- Well Connected Alliance Waterview Tunnel project
- Well Connected Alliance East Tamaki site – Concrete support programme
- Northpower– ongoing upgrade to main Transpower line
- Mighty River Power – ongoing maintenance at Hydro sites.
- WTOSLR feasibility
All product AFL supplied to these projects meets respective AS/NZS standard certification, part of the quality management program Allied Fastenings has in place.
AFL Quality Assurance
The following procedures are implemented to ensure quality standards are met. This enables Allied Fastenings to proudly stand by their product guarantees.
- Johnsons tunnel SH1 Puhoi
- Newmarket Viaduct 2010-2012
- Victoria Park Tunnel 2009-2012
- Northern Busway Lanes 2008-2009
- Mangere Bridge
AFL “Four Point Quality Assurance Criteria”
- Supply lines are tightly controlled with regular visits to manufacturers
- All suppliers/manufacturers must comply with ISO 9001 (2008) and preferably ISO 4001 (2004) and OHSAS (2007)
- Manufacturers’ in-house testing labs are inspected and procedures must meet AFL approval.
- Batch testing is conducted by OPUS. Suppliers /manufacturers are furnished with copies of test results.
- Product is ordered to ISO, AS/NZS or DIN standard.
Customer Distribution Standards
- All product must comply with relevant standard
- All product of the same design must be interchangeable
- All product must be free from defect and be aesthetically appealing
- All product must be marked in accordance with AFL traceability requirements.
QUALITY AND SERVICE IS OUR SUCCESS
- Fittings of different stock codes are packed separately.
- All packing is clearly labelled with relevant product description.